Director - Product Marketing
As the leader of the product marketing function you will be responsible for creating and communicating compelling narratives, defining WorkBoard’s market segmentation, enabling the sales team and quarterbacking the company through product launches, marketing campaigns and account-based marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate will blend strategic thinking with tactical execution and be hands on creating content, messages and work closely with demand generation on programs. Keen market insight is critical requirement — this will include understanding and developing the market dynamics and following through with the appropriate messaging, sales enablement, competitive positioning and program definition. This is a high profile position both internally and externally — the right candidate will be a spokesperson for the company and provide cross-functional leadership across marketing, sales, customer success and product development.
- Be the expert on market trends and the competitive landscape and help design a new market category
- Create segmentation and lead go-to-market initiatives
- Be the expert on the key capabilities, differentiators, benefits and use cases for target customer segments
- Create content, assets and tools including: white papers, articles, blogs, podcasts, sales presentations, ROI tools and other market-facing materials
- Drive outbound marketing strategies to improve awareness, share of voice, sales pipeline, and market position
- Understand sales/channel requirements and deliver high-impact sales tools and training
- Engage with cross-functional team in defining pricing and packaging
- At least 5 years in a product marketing role in a cloud company
- Extensive experience developing and validating positioning, messaging, competition, segmentation and developing pricing models for a fast-paced, high growth technology market
- Able to go deep technically and understand our products intimately
- Analytical and able to juggle many projects with small staff.
- High energy individual and entrepreneurial in spirit and deed.
- Proven track record for developing outbound marketing campaigns including creative message execution
- Experience in developing and managing marketing budgets.
- Proven ability to establish goals and set clear expectations, prioritize activities, and follow through with timely execution in a fluid, cross functional team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and analytical nature.
- Innovative, self-starter work ethic.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Ideal candidate will possess a MBA.