Senior Software Engineer (Redwood City)
Our product team is composed of product managers, data analysts, UI designers, and full stack software engineers working together to create an elegant solution to one of most complex problems facing companies today. At WorkBoard we’re lean team, moving quickly and doing big things. We’re looking for people with big aspirations and appetite without big attitude who measure their success by the customers they delight.
If you are a top-notch Senior Software Engineer, we want to talk to you. The ideal candidate is self-motivated with an extensive experience as a back-end engineer and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the LAMP stack with an emphasis on scalability and security.
What you’ll work on:
- Architect and maintain distributed systems, focusing on reliability, security, and scalability
- Identify key scaling and stability pain points and architect and implement your solutions
- Put in place security best practices (XSS/SQL Injection prevention, and correct for language-specific weaknesses
- Design and develop highly scalable APIs and services that are used by web and mobile clients
- Work closely with our product team to design and implement UX flows
- Collaborate on the server side changes required for the UX flows.
- Provide leadership in areas of security and robustness against DDOS and other attacks.
- MS or BS in Computer Science or related engineering field
- 5+ years of full life-cycle product development experience
- A solid understanding of CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, etc)
- Advanced experience with object-oriented PHP
- Experience with REST based Web Services development
- Well-versed in network security, and application security
- Experience with Cloud services (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum-like environment
- Experience working with PHP mvc framework such as YII and HHVM
- Previous experience working on enterprise software, SAAS is a plus
Learn more about working at WorkBoard!