Customer Advocate (Redwood City, CA)
The WorkBoard Customer Team is dedicated to helping our customers reach their goals at maximum velocity. We’re looking for energetic and empathetic people with big aspirations without big attitude who measure their success by the value they create for our customers.
A Customer Advocate at WorkBoard is a hybrid position that combines the skills of a customer support agent with those of a trainer to provide customers with amazing experience and wow them with our commitment to their success.
We are still early in our journey and are looking for people who are proactive and and ready to help out across multiple areas as we scale at rapid velocity.
What you’ll do:
- Continuously seek to advance your knowledge of our product as it evolves, and of our customer use cases
- Resolve customer support requests efficiently with a caring, can-do attitude. Our preferred method for providing support is to set up a WorkBoard help channel right within our customers’ Slack to provide real-time, a lot more personal, “concierge” style support.
- Collect data and feedback from customers to close the loop with product and engineering on issues that need to be fixed in the app. Proactively think about areas of the product that are not as intuitive for customers based on their support requests and share your observations and recommendations with the product and engineering team.
- Proactively think about which types of support requests can be reduced and better addressed with effective training materials, be it short videos or collateral to be used during onboarding
- Refresh/improve existing and develop new training materials for customers
- Lead live webinars on product training for customers and record webinars and training videos
- Become an expert on Pendo and create in-product guides and feature announcements
- Tech Savvy, willing to dive into technical details of a product to understand it thoroughly.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Has a genuine passion and commitment for delivering exceptional customer experience and value to customers. Positive, engaging, empathetic, shows tact and poise under pressure, good listener. Can diffuse difficult situations with empathy and a sense of humor.
- Passionate about training and coaching.
- Resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Growth mindset - hungry to learn and improve, curious, open to feedback, coachable.
- Self-starter with strong ownership skills, willing to go above and beyond the job description, not afraid to work in a fast moving start up environment. Excellent organization, project management, and time management skills.
- At least 1 year in customer support or training enablement role.
Learn more about working at WorkBoard!