Customer Success Manager (Redwood City, CA)
The WorkBoard Customer Team is dedicated to helping our customers reach their goals at maximum velocity. We’re looking for energetic and empathetic people with big aspirations without big attitude who measure their success by the value they create for our customers.
A CSM at WorkBoard combines the skills of a product expert, strategy and execution consultant, and change management advisor to help customers derive beyond expected value from our solution and wow them with our commitment to their success. Each CSM leads the relationship with a set of enterprise customers and is accountable for their customers’ renewal.
We are still early in our journey and are looking for people who get excited about an opportunity to shape the playbook of Customer Success at WorkBoard and can be flexible and ready to help out across multiple areas as we scale at rapid velocity.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with an Strategy Solution Consultant and Engagement Manager to facilitate effective customer onboarding
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with customers. Engage closely with the Program Lead, Key Champions as well as other strategic leaders that influence the direction of the program and help them unlock most value from WorkBoard:
- Conduct Executive Business Reviews (EBRs) to assess progress against goals, assess opportunities for improvement, assess impact of WorkBoard on team productivity.
- Run periodic Best Practice Sessions to make sure customers are using functionality optimally.
- Monitor usage and success milestones, identify risks and take action to solve and mitigate risks.
- Partner with our Customer Advocate (aka 1 to Many CSM) to provide thoughtful and impactful collateral to various stakeholders along the customer journey
- Cultivate customer advocacy and engage advocates in case studies, speaking opportunities, references, etc.
- Act as the voice of the customer internally; work closely with peers in Marketing, Sales, Product, and Engineering to ensure customer success and unified message and voice to customer.
- Identify expansion opportunities and partner with Sales to successfully close such opportunities.
- Drive renewals, engagement and NPS and influence expansion revenue
- Actively contribute to shaping our internal Customer Success best practices, processes and collateral
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA is a plus.
- At least 8 years of overall work experience of which at least 2 years of experience as a CSM with enterprise clients. Prior consulting experience is a strong plus.
- Genuine, warm, positive, engaging, empathetic, shows tact and poise under pressure. Passionate about training and coaching. Has a genuine passion for delivering exceptional customer experience and value to customers.
- Strong, capable communicator who can be as effective with executives as their staff and front line employees. Strong presentation, meeting facilitation, and written communication skills.
- Willing to dive into technical details of a product to understand it thoroughly.
- Excellent organization, project management, and time management skills.
- Resourceful and creative problem solver.
- Self-starter with strong ownership skills, willing to go above and beyond the job description, not afraid to work in a fast moving start up environment.
- Business savvy, with strong interest in topics of strategy development, linking strategy and execution, operational excellence, and developing high performing teams.
- Open to feedback, coachable, with a healthy dose of growth mindset.
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time to customer locations as needed.
Note: This position is no longer open.
View other open positions at WorkBoard!